In the fast-paced world of today, functionality and purpose supersede tradition.
That’s why in many homes today, you’ll notice so many walls coming down to create room for open-plan layouts that allow relaxation, entertainment, and cooking in an ample space.
Then there is the great room. Contrary to a traditional house plan that separates the living room, dining space, and kitchen, a great room is an open floor layout that flows into the kitchen. It allows for informal dining and entertainment space.
If you ask, this is one of the most trending home additions, especially for a big family, or if you entertain many guests. You can even incorporate a big screen, a fireplace, and any other accessory that brings people together.
Would you consider a great room?
If yes, consider the following factors:
- See to it that a great room addition makes sense in your property and in your neighborhood. A great room is a huge remodel to undertake, so if the neighboring houses are somehow simply neat and trim, don’t try to overbuild.
- Have a goal in mind; decide if the great room is simply for family use or for entertaining large numbers. This way, you can determine the size of the great room.
- Is it a build-up or a bump-out; your lot size can also dictate this
- How steady is your foundation; every other addition will often stress your foundation, so have your foundation inspected and make any needed repairs and adjustments.
- Then your budget; a great room is a significant addition, so get your figures straight. You can always ask a contractor to help figure out all the design work and other requirements that ultimately influence your budget.
Talk to Our Experts at 3D remodeling, Inc for All Kinds of Additions
Whether it’s a great room, building additional bedrooms, kitchen additions, or even business additions, we’re licensed and equipped to construct all of that.
We’ll also help with all the necessary permits and paperwork, so don’t worry about that. Call us for an easy and efficient great room addition.
We’re serving residents of Cary, NC, and the surrounding areas.